1. Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags? Wrapping paper for sure (unless there is something that is so oddly shaped that I must put it in a gift bag). I started using the curling ribbon several years ago (thanks to my friend, Jane) and use it on my packages.
2. Real or Artificial Tree? Artificial -- only because I put my trees up way early and having a fireplace in my den causes a real tree to shed way too early.
3. When do you put up your tree? I used to put my tree up the Saturday after Thanksgiving but this year I put it up the Saturday before Thanksgiving. I have Christmas parties early in December and find it too hard to decorate after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? I usually take the tree down the week after Christmas. It's always sad for me to take it down.
5. Do you like eggnog? NO! I can't stand the thought of raw eggs.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I can't remember a favorite....it's been a LONG time. I do remember getting some play dishes so this must have really been special.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My neighbor, Larry. He has everything one could imagine and it's always hard to think of something for him.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My daughter, Amy. She doesn't have a problem giving me a list to choose from!
9. Do you have a Nativity Scene? Yes....this is a must!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. I love getting cards through the mail.
11. Favorite Christmas move? "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation".
12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I tell myself I'll shop throughout the year, but really I start the day after Thanksgiving with the sales.
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas gift? Probably have.
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Jane's Icebox Fruitcake
15. Lights on the tree? White
16. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home but travel after Christmas to see son and his family.
17. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Day? We open presents on Christmas Eve because Santa came on Christmas morning.
18. Is there any specific "tradition" that you do? Christmas Eve is spent with my best friend. We alternate years having this at our houses. One year it will be at my house and the next year at hers. This is tradition and the kids look forward to it.