Thursday, April 9, 2009

WEEK BEFORE EASTER


It has been a week since my last post so I wanted to let you know that all is well here in Alabama.....just extremely busy. My son-in-law lost his father and his funeral was Monday. He had battled cancer for quite some time. Keep his family in your prayers. I will be having our family Easter get-together at my house on Sunday. My sister-in-law was planning on having it, but she had a heart attack & stint put in a week ago. She is much better but certainly did not need to have the stress of hosting this. The weather is supposed to be really nice so all the kids will be able to be outside and I'm sure eggs will be hidden (and found) several times. I'll post pictures of this day next week. Our church is having our annual Easter Egg hunt on Saturday. This is one of our huge outreaches for the community, and I've been busy getting things lined up for it. We have over 3,000 eggs stuffed with candy ready to hide. It takes all of our members working on this event but is well worth the effort. There's a wedding late that afternoon that we'll be attending so this day is going to be FULL! I know I am not posting often, but I try to keep up with what's happening with all my blogging friends and want to tell you that I hope you all have a wonderful Easter with your families.

11 comments:

megan Kimble said...

miss sue didnt we get shirts for the egg hunt to wear because i dodnt get on and wasnt sure.. call me if we did and i need to get one 205-337-5481

Darlene said...

I hope you and your family have a wonderful, blessed Easter.♥

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

Thank you for your visit today, Sue.
I will keep your sil in my prayers...
What a wonderful Easter egg hunt that will be :)
Enjoy your time with your family!
Have a wonderful and very blessed Easter!

hugs-Kath

Picket said...

Hey Sue...I am so sorry to hear about the loss in your family..I pray that God touch and be with you and yours during this difficult time....I hope your sister-in-law continues to do well...I think this time of year we all are busy what with the warmer weather and getting to be outside....Hope you have a beautiful Easter with your loved ones girl!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

So glad to know all is well. Busy is good - beats the alternative!

Just stopping by to say, have a Happy and Blessed Easter, hugs, Linda

DaNella Auten said...

One trick we learned a few years ago, is insead of stuffing all of the eggs, we do and egg-schange... the kids give us back the eggs they found, and we give them candy for every egg. Helps to make it quicker.

Ashley W said...

You have a wonderful Easter with the family! I can't wait to see pictures ;)

Zaroga said...

Yes, your family in my prayers.

Have a great Easter!

Tami said...

You sure have a lot going on! I sure will keep your son-in-law and sister-in-law in my prayers!
May you have a wonderful time saturday...thats a lot of eggs!

May you have a wonderful Easter! HE is Risen!!
Hugs~T

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I'm sorry about your son-in-law's father. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter and a fun time at the Easter egg hunt!

My mom and dad are headed to AL as I type this!

Tammy

the said...

Im sorry to hear of the stress and loss in your family. But know all of us here in blogland are praying for you .
Happy Easter to you :)
Stephanie