Friday, April 30, 2010

I'M ADDICTED

I have an addiction....just got hooked this week.....I'm going to blame my daughter.....It's her fault......She took me with her on a trip last Saturday night.....That's all it took.....I've been hooked ever since. I've tried couponing before but was never organized enough I guess. I also couldn't see any good in buying an item I didn't use.....that is...until last Saturday night. She educated me on Walgreen's and CVS sales and their reward bucks. That was either a mistake....or the best thing that could have happened. I have spent this week searching for coupons and visiting other blogs that are experts at shopping at these two stores. In fact, some will even give you exactly what to buy and what coupons to use. You have to know that you can't buy it all in one transaction to get the most "bucks" back. Patience is necessary in this addiction....but it does pay off. I have been to CVS & Walgreens a couple of times this week and never spent much out of pocket. Today I visited Walgreens and CVS and got all the items pictured above. My out of pocket cost was $12.38 and I got $9.00 back in Reward Bucks to spend at Walgreens. I am so excited. It's so much fun looking for ways to save!

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

woo hoo Sue! That's awesome! I wish those stores were up here... or at least deals like that!

Sharon said...

Just can't get into this couponing; too busy knitting and trying to sew but I know several folks that really save a lot of money doing the coupon thing. My daughter has really gotten into it as well. Piggly Wiggly and Publix will double your coupons up to one dollar but you really have to know what you're doing to save money a Publix. Otherwise they are so high I just can't shop there. Hope you enjoy your new addiction!

Unknown said...

AWESOME!! I too have been rolling my RR's at Walgreens and just today was able to throw together a gift basket of needfuls for my SIL who moved into a new apartment with FREE items that I have grabbed! I'm trying to build a nice stockpile now in our laundry room, that feeling of running out and having to replace something ASAP will no longer be in the Graves house..lol..

Keep it up and share more pics of your great buys!

Here is a great site for you, it's called HIP TO SAVE, link is on my blog, she has a Follow Me Monday video that she does every week with new stores that she has shopped at, she has a great one for Walgreens!

The Buchanan Family said...

you should try freebies for mom on fb too. I love them and have gotten several free samples in the mail.

nanny said...

Wow good job! Just happened on your blog and I really enjoyed reading your posts.....
Love your pool house!!!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I've been a serious couponer for over a year now and my husband keeps saying Walgreens is going to ban me. :) It is definitely addicting. blessings, marlene

Carmen and the Primcats said...

I just found your blog. I am an avid couponer but DARN! I never get THAT good of a deal! Where do I look to learn such great couponing skills?

Carmen an the Primcats