Sunday, November 30, 2008
I hope each of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I enjoyed the time spent with family and friends. Our son and his family left this morning going back home to Louisiana. I've missed visiting with you but wanted to spend as much time as I could with my babies while they were here.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
1 Granny Smith Apple (peeled & cut into 8 slices)
1 can of Crescent Rolls
1 cup of sugar
1 stick of butter or margarine
1 cup of water
Unroll the Crescent rolls (you'll have 8 triangles). Take each triangle and place one of the apple slices at the larger end. Begin rolling it up. Put it in a pyrex dish with the side where you stopped rolling down. While rolling these put your 1 cup or water, 1 cup of sugar, and 1 stick of butter in a pan and bring to a boil. Pour over the Crescent rolled apples. Bake them at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. The juice thickens if you can let them set for a little while before eating them.....but if you can't it's ok!!!!
Here is a picture after I poured the water, sugar, & butter over them before cooking the dumplings (I used 2 apples & 2 cans of rolls). I DON'T KNOW WHY THIS PICTURE IS SIDEWAYS....and I don't know how to fix it!
Here you see the dumplings when I first took them from the oven. Put you a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of them and YUM YUM!!!
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
See my orange slices that I dried and the gingerbread ornaments. I have plenty of those left to go on my BIG tree in the den.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
Sunday, November 16, 2008
I want to show you something that I have been working on and and it really costs nothing (if you have these things already at home). When I taught school years ago, some of my co-workers and I made some of these and I have them hanging on my tree to this very day. I'm sure those of you who have a garden with okra will have the okra at the end of the season that usually just dries up. Perhaps you use these in arrangements---this is what I'm talking about girls.
I cut these pods of okra and I painted them red (sprayed them of course). It took two coats of paint.
When that dried I added some black eyes and a little red mouth. I also used a tiny pom pom for his nose but you could paint it also. At the tip of the okra I glued a larger white pom pom and a piece of ribbon to hang him on the tree. I'M NOT AN ARTIST at all so I am sure most of you could do a much better job but these are so cute. I have comments every year about my okra Santa's on the tree.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
I need some help.....several weeks back I visited a blog and saw the most beautiful personalized jewelry. She had a cuff bracelet that was engraved that I fell in love with. It would be perfect for all my grandchildren's names to be on. I cannot remember where I saw this. If any of you might know where this blog is PLEASE leave me a comment. I have been searching and have had no luck.
Also, I will not be posting again until Saturday night. The ladies from our church are going to Tennessee on a retreat tomorrow and returning Saturday. Say a prayer for us!!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Saturday, November 8, 2008
I'm sorry this picture posted sideways. I'm telling you ... I'm having problems lately! One of the longest lines was at this booth. These bread bowls were made by the vendor. He had stands for sale to sit them on (but I didn't buy one of these). From the line of ladies buying, he probably sold all he had yesterday.
Friday, November 7, 2008
The cabinet was painted black and sprayed with a satin coat of finish (I know it looks shiny here but it's my poor skill in making pictures). I wanted to distress it but the white underneath would not allow this. I still am VERY pleased with the results. It has two shelves inside if I want to put things on the shelves.
I put the shelf that I had finished awhile back on it. If you remember....I had it sitting on an old record player and it looked ok, but I never was completely satisfied. We have moved that to another spot. I love my new "prim look" cabinet!
I'm off today to Christmas Village. It's a HUGE show that I look forward to each year. I'll be posting about that later.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
I plan to have pictures tomorrow of a project "make-over". I have had to wait for paint to dry before making a picture. Hopefully....I can show you tomorrow. Have a wonderful day and enjoy the beauty!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
1. Jesus Christ -- He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He never changes and never fails me. That should be enough right there!
2. My husband of 36 years. Have they all been wonderful? No, but our love for each other is stronger today than ever before. He is a Godly and honest man and a wonderful father. Both of my children think their daddy can do anything and they are strong today mainly because of him.
3. My two children....Amy & Chris. I suppose any mother (or daddy) would say that their children bring them happiness, but I'm so happy that they both serve God and are wonderful parents themselves. I am happy that they both have spouses who love God, love them, and are great parents.
4. My grandchildren.....these six little ones are joys! Perfect?? Heck, no! They are so full of life and I look at the things they do and the way they act (when I'm around) and I see their mama and daddy all over again
5 My church....I love my church and church family. I know that I need to be fed spiritually as much as physically and when I miss the few times during the week that I am at church, I can tell it.
6. The change in seasons. Yes, the different seasons make me happy. I love the change that comes every few months....the colors of the leaves, the cooler weather, the few times it snows here, and then before I know it the weather begins to warm and it's another season.
7. A fire in the fireplace. There's something about having a fire in the fireplace on a cold night that makes me happy.
8. Home grown tomatoes and fresh vegetables.
9. Thanksgiving when my whole exteneded family is together at our home. I look forward to this all year long. Family is important folks!
10. Christmas music! I LOVE Christmas music and I smile when they start playing it on the radio.
11. Christmas lights. Sitting in my den with a fire in the fireplace with my Christmas tree lights shining makes me happy.
12. The beach! I love going to the beach anytime but especially each summer when my children and grandchildren are all with us.
13. Coffee in the morning.
14. Doing something for others.
15. Knowing that everything is in God's hands and realizing that I'm not in control...He is!
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Monday, November 3, 2008
This picture above shows the stocking as I took it from the box before taking all the gifts out. Debi had wrapped each gift individually and she even included a gift for my daughter, Amy.
This picture shows all the gifts wrapped before I opened them. My husband kept saying, "Now, why did you get these gifts?" I had to try and explain the Stocking Swap to him. I love my gifts, Debi!!! I will tell you right now that you are more creative than me....there is NO WAY I could paint something for you. You must have really been studying my "likes" because you hit a variety of them (even the old cookbook). I wondered how you knew that I liked old cookbooks and then I remembered that I posted about that a LONG time ago. Even the tulip bulbs....WOW! The sewing kit that you made is a wonderful idea and I love the placemats and napkins and all the roosters.....I COULD GO ON AN ON!!!! I haven't finished your stocking but promise it will be in the mail before the deadline. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! You are the best!!!
Sunday, November 2, 2008
I know my laundry room isn't as pretty as Shannon's but I will say it makes me feel much better when I walk in there. It's surprising what a little "fixin' up" does to make your whole attitude change. Thanks Shannon for sharing your pictures!
Saturday, November 1, 2008
We had three inflatables. This is one that was a long train and the kids had to make their way through. The event was free for everyone. I can say that I am glad that it is over and I think it's time for me to get my bath & head to bed. I'm sure glad the time changes tonight and I get an extra hour of sleep!!!!!!