1. I love the cooler weather that fall brings. We haven't seen that yet here, but it is exciting to wake up one morning and as my mother used to say, "you can feel fall". When I taught school I would see children go from wearing shorts one day to having on coats the next. I suppose the sudden ten degree change in temperature caused a bypass of the lightweight jacket.
2. I love the colors of fall. Trees that I have looked at for months are now so beautiful I have to comment daily about them. God is awesome! As I drive into town I drive over a mountain and can see these beautiful leaves as they change colors (I can't wait....they haven't started yet).
3. I love pumpkins and mums. I think the pumpkins just piled up waiting to be purchased are neat! The yard displays with pumpkins, hay, cornstalks, and mums are so pretty.
4. I love Homestead Hollow & Old Baker Farm Cotton Pickin Festival. These are two arts and crafts shows that are held in the fall that I love. Homestead Hollow is in Springville and the one they have in the fall is my favorite. The crafts are wonderful, but the food is great......butterbeans, pinto beans, turnip greens, cornbread, all kinds of fried pies..............oh my!!! The Old Baker Farm Cotton Pickin Festival is within walking distance of my home and it is getting bigger every year. It has the same type of atmosphere and brings such excitement to our little area.
5. I love cotton! That's a given....look at my blog title. I'm surrounded. I have been wanting to post a picture but I am waiting. The cotton is open but I want to wait a bit longer so you can see how WHITE the entire field is right before it is picked. There's something about the smell of cotton to a country girl. Yes, you can smell cotton just like you can smell rain!
6. I love Alabama football. Sorry, Auburn fans. If you are not from Alabama you don't understand this. In Alabama people are committed to one thing...FOOTBALL. They are either for Alabama or Auburn (if they are native). I love Saturdays in the fall because it means Alabama football and friends and family getting together eating and watching the game.
7. I love homemade soup, chili, and brunswick stew (for you, Amy). I know that there's no law about not having this year round but we really have it when it's cool. I can't wait.
8. I love that it's my husband's birthday. Yes, I love birthday parties. I don't care if you are two, or fifty-six .... I think you should have a special "party" even if it's just family. October is my husband's birthday month and I get to plan something special for him.
9. I love fall because our family gets together at our house for Thanksgiving. It's the one time a year when almost the entire family is together and we have such a good time. Family is special to us and I cherish each time we are together.
10. I love fall because that means it is almost time for Christmas. It is certainly time to begin shopping (if you haven't already).
Thank you, Carolyn, for sharing your favorites and for causing me to sit and write my favorites. Also, I want to thank Danella for giving me an award. I will pass it on later.