Sunday, September 21, 2008

MY FIRST STITCHERY & A THRIFT STORE FIND

I have admired so many of your beautiful stitcheries and I finally decided I would try one. I believe I got this pattern from Primitive Betty. I had intended to frame it but never got a frame the correct size. Instead, I made a small pillow. I will be doing more because it is something I can do while I am sitting and watching TV with my husband. There are so many free patterns out there and they are pretty simple to do. I know I'll get better with my stitches.

I made my weekly trip to the Thrift Store and I found this beautiful quilt rack. It was $12.98 but I had a 50% off coupon that expired the end of September (that I bought from the school) so I went ahead and used it on this. That means I got this for $6.49. It is in great condition and I know that my old quilts will be beautiful on it.

5 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Your pillow is adorable. Isn't it amazing how many talented artists share their patterns?

What a great buy on the quilt rack.

I hope this new week is good to you!

Georgia Girl said...

Love your pillow. I have got to do this also. Also love your quilt rack! Have a good week Sue!

Robin Beck said...

Seriously Sue,
Is there nothing you can't do? I've never seen anything like it.
You really have so much talent!
Love the quilt rack and what a great buy!
Happy First Day of Fall,
Robin~♥

Edwina at The Picket Fence said...

Love the pillow and of course I love the quilt rack, I have one just like it that I hang old quilts from. My favorite quilt is one that my hubby's Grandmother made for us and it takes front and center on the rack.

Darlene said...

Oh, I love that primitive stitchery...I think I might have to try something like that...you know put it on my "to do" list of projects. Seriously, I think I could probably stay busy for about a year with my blog file of projects...heehee