Saturday, September 13, 2008

THRIFT STORE TREASURES


My husband was away last night on a church men's retreat, so I had me a night out at the thrift store. When I got home from work yesterday I decided that I was going to take my weekly trip to the thrift store a day early. I had so much fun because I didn't feel that I had to rush back home. There wasn't alot of "finds" but I was really pleased with what I got. I always look at the wooden things and when I saw these items I knew that I could make them look old with some BLACK spray paint and a little sand paper. I paid $1.48 for each of the wooden items (both candlesticks together). I like old kitchen gadgets and saw the strainer. This one is a little rusty but I loved it. I paid $0.59 for it. My mother used to have one that she used to strain her tea in. She didn't use tea bags....used tea leaves. I can't wait to paint and put them up!
By the way--I stopped by the Dollar Tree and they had white pumpkins....YEA!!!!

16 comments:

Something Nice and Pretty said...

All such neat finds and glad you had a good time.
I took my white pumpkins and put gel stain on them, then wiped it off and I love them!
Have a great day.
Rondell

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Woot white pumpkins. I think I will try Tomato Creeks idea.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Sue...What great finds! I used to have a sugar scoop like that...I believe it was Home Interior....should have hung onto it! There's alot of potential in all your wood items! Can't wait to see what they look like when you're done! I always head over to the wood items first at Goodwill!

Tammy

Missy Wertz said...

Sue, you did very well.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Great finds!!!

Georgia Girl said...

Great finds on your treasure hunt. I came upon your place and like your blog. Look forward to coming back. I added you to my favorites. Nice to meet you Sue. I am Beth from GA.

Edwina at The Picket Fence said...

First time to The Cotton Patch and I love it. I am over at The Picket Fence come and peak through. Sounds like we have alot in common and I definitely love plundering through antique stores looking for old treasures.

Anonymous said...

what a super blog! thanks so much for popping in on me

love your finds, isn't great when you get a great thrift splurge, happy days lol!

Sarah
A Beach Cottage

Angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie said...

Isn't it a wonderful day when you can take your time shopping and find some cute things for hardly any money? I love days like that! The white pumpkins at The Dollar Tree are my favorites too!

the said...

Im headed to my Dollar Store tomorrow, I hope they have those pumpkin too!!
Love your new treasures :)

MIMILEE said...

Hey Sue,

I have a sister named Sue!....Loved seeing your thrift store finds. I love shopping at thrift stores! So much fun!

Enjoyed your blog!...I will come back often!

In His Love, Need to check for the white pumpkins at the $ store!
MIMILEE<><

StitchinByTheLake said...

Wow! I don't have a thrift store like that one where I live - wish I did. I'm jealous! blessings, marlene

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Neat thrift finds! And thanks for telling us about the $$$ Tree having white pumpkins! I better go look tomorrow!

Marie said...

Great deal! Glad you finally found those white pumpkins!

Debi said...

Sue dear,

Awesome finds!! I have the same sugar scoop... two of them in fact!! I love mine!!

I will have to remember the white pumpkins!!!

I am enjoying reading your blog!!

Hope you have a wonderful day!!!

http://whatscookninjunk.blogspot.com/