Saturday, September 12, 2009

ABOUT THAT TIME AGAIN

There's something about this time of the year that makes me want to get my sewing machine and embroidery machine running. I'm so busy in late spring and summer until my projects are put on hold, but this week I have been getting antsy and wanting to get something going. We're planning on going to see the girls in a few weeks so I have several things in mind to do before then. I bought some fabric today to make Fall dresses for them, but wanted to try this new alphabet aplique to see how it would work. My granddaughters would rather wear dresses but maybe they'll wear these shirts to play. I'm thinking about adding a ruffle on the bottom of each shirt out of the fabric used on the applique. It'll depend on how quickly the dresses are made!
This is a closeup of the applique. (I didn't take time to iron the shirts....just took them right out of the bag and started working on them.) It was hard to see in the first picture. I'll be making dresses this week. You'll see pictures of them when they are finished.

2 comments:

Ann's Page said...

I just love these outfits!!! I sure wish you were my childrens Grandma...How lucky your grandbabies are to have you in their lives...
Blessings
ANN

Darlene said...

What ADORABLE outfits!!!!! LOVE the monogram on the tops! I think they will love them!