Saturday, September 5, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

If you live in Alabama you are either an Alabama or Auburn fan. Children will ask who do you "go for"....meaning are you for Alabama or Auburn. It becomes great fund raisers at schools during the week prior to them playing each other. They will see which fans bring the most money for SGA or which fans bring the most canned goods for fixing baskets for those less fortunate, but good or bad....Alabama/Auburn football rules this state. Last week my grandson had a swim birthday party planned at our house. Our pool was finally finished so this could happen. Invitations were sent, party favors bought, cake bought, 10 pizzas were delivered, and everything was just right for the party except......the skies opened and it flooded. We were not here because my best friend's mother passed away and we were there, but my daughter said it rained (and stormed) for quite some time. They decided they would have the party the next day after church. MORE RAIN! Add some tears this time and pray that you can have another swim party one week later (with no rain). This morning I woke up and it was raining. I couldn't believe it but it stopped mid morning and the party was on! My daughter told Zack that it would just be a swim party because they had already had cake, pizza, and drinks last week. He believed her and I really think he didn't care. However, she found a friend through Facebook from our hometown who now lives out of town that makes the most beautiful cakes. She contacted her and arranged to have another birthday cake for Zack. This one was in honor of his (and our) favorite team. The picture below shows his expression when he walked in my kitchen and saw the cake. Remember he didn't think he was getting another cake.

You'll have to excuse my messy laundry room/pantry. I called him in before he went out to the pool to see the cake. By the way....the cake was DELICIOUS. I've had cakes that looked good but didn't taste good. This one was both.

One picture of a friend as he jumped from the diving board. The kids had a great time and the sun came out just in time for the party. Happy 9th birthday, Zack!





8 comments:

Zaroga said...

Beautiful cakes, Sue. A moment to treasure.

Go Dawgs! (GA);-)

Darlene said...

YAY finally a GREAT Birthday party!!!! Those cakes are fabulous!!

dctm said...

I love these cakes! These would be perfect for my husbands' b;day? Would the person that made them happen to live any where near Birmingham? If so, could you e-mail me her name and contact info? Thank You!

Christie
dctm at bellsouth dot net

DaNella Auten said...

What a pool with a diving board? those are unheard of now! Love it.

Amber said...

Even I have to admit that cake is super cute. I showed it to Jeff and I think he was jealous it wasn't for him!

GEAUX TIGERS!

Stephanie said...

That cake is so cool! I wish I lived closer, that pool looks wonderful!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Oh yes, we're very familiar with the Alabama/Auburn fans! Colt has an Alabama Crimson Tide shirt and loves to give the Razorback fans here in Arkansas a fit! :)

What an inviting pool! Great birthday cake!

Sorry I've been MIA..it was nice catching up with you!

Have a great day, Sue!
Tammy

Angie said...

Such a cute cake and I LOVE your new pool! I'm so jealous!