Monday, September 14, 2009

One Down...Two to Go

When you have three granddaughters...you can't make just one dress. There must be three made. I cut this one out and started it last night and just finished it. I have two more to go. I wanted something the girls could wear for fall and couldn't find fabric Saturday that I just loved so I came home with the tiny black gingham. Usually I put ribbon on the bottom of the pillowcase dresses, but decided a ruffle might change it a bit. I will say ribbons are much quicker! When I bought the fabric for the ruffle I couldn't help but think of my mother. She would never have put checks and 'dots' together. Oh, times have changed! Hopefully, this doesn't look too much like Halloween so the girls can wear it in November also.

It's pretty hot in Louisiana where they live, but just in case the weather turns cool I found them each a black turtleneck. I think it looks pretty cute. Two more and they'll each have a fall dress from Gigi.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs. Sue! It's me Amy; I absolutely love the dresses and the shirts; they are precious! I can't wait to see them on the girls! I will have to take a picture of them in the pumpkin patch with the dresses on! Thank you so much for making them! Emma is still awake "maddie junior" and she definitely loves them!

Robin Beck said...

THEY ARE GOING TO LOVE THEM!!!!
So cute Sue! Just darling!

Robin~♥

Ann's Page said...

They are precious...you should sell on etsy...
Blessing's
Ann

Darlene said...

That little dress is ADORABLE!!!! The turtleneck will be perfect for the cold days. I hope we get to see a picture of the girls wearing them.♥

Diana Ferguson said...

Just love the dresses; they are so cute!

Stop in sometime.
Diana

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Oh, I love those dresses!! Your granddaughters are sooo lucky to have a Gigi that will make them dresses! They're so cute!

Love, Joy =D

Kelcei Chamberlain said...

SO cute, Sue!