1. Coffee or Hot Chocolate? Definitely coffee...must have my coffee every day.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa always leaves presents UNWRAPPED under the tree.
3. Colored lights or white lights? White lights (although my husband loves colored lights). We used to have colored... but now it's all white.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but I sneak a kiss from my husband without the mistletoe!
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but I did start earlier this year (but I'm not completely finished yet)
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Dressing
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I remember how excited I would get when I heard the weather man say that "radar" had spotted an object in the sky and it appeared to be Santa. I would hurry to bed to wake up the next morning to my unwrapped gifts.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think I was in 4th grade before I actually was brave enough to say that I knew the truth. I guess I heard it from older friends at school. It broke my heart....but Santa still came to see me until I married and moved away!!!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, my best friend and I always have our Christmas on Christmas Eve.
10. How do you decorate your tree? I have no theme for my big tree....just use ornaments that I have collected through the years from former students and friends. I do get one ornament to add each year with all my grandchildren's names on it.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!
12. Can you ice skate? I've never tried but I don't think I could even stand up on those thin blades!!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I think my favorite gift as a child was a tea set and table and chairs. I still remember playing with it.
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? Being with family and those who mean so much to me.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? German chocolate cake
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? For many years, we have spent Christmas Eve with my best friend and her family. Even if it is later in the night we always get together to eat and play games. This has become a tradition and we alternate houses each year. My daughter (who lives here) and her family look forward to it as well as the children of my friend.
17. What tops your Christmas tree? A bow
18. Which do you prefer-giving or receiving? I prefer giving...although I do like to receive.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night
20. Candy Canes-yum or yuck? Yum
21. What do you want for Christmas? I really don't know of anything....a surprise!
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? I usually have an annual Christmas party...(several)!
23. Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJs? I dress casual
24. Do you own a Santa hat? Yes
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? Morning is spent with my husband and we go to our daughter's to see what the boys got for Christmas. We usually spend the afternoon with my husband's family. We see our son and his family some time during the month (we spend Thanksgiving with them). We'll see them this year at New Year's.
I tag: anyone who wants to do it!
Feature Friday: Thrifty and Chic
2 days ago