Friday, December 26, 2008

THE DAY AFTER

My "day after" Christmas is a little different this year. Usually I hit the sales and buy wrapping paper and Christmas ornaments after they are marked down. This year I decided that I wanted to use brown paper next year after seeing so many beautiful packages wrapped with the plain brown paper and tied with ribbon. I knew that there wouldn't be brown paper on sale so that was marked off my usual list. I also hope to make more of my ornaments next year so I'm not looking for those either. My very last party (or shower this time) that will be at my house is tomorrow so I'm getting ready for that. I'm hosting a "Christmas Shower" for a special person who will be getting married in April. Her mom gave my son and his bride to be one prior to their wedding several years ago and they didn't have to buy any Christmas decorations. It was so nice....they didn't have these kinds of showers when I married 36 years ago!
I am getting things together for the Shower...actually it is a Brunch. I hope to make Ms. Bunny a new outfit for the occasion. If it turns out, I will post a picture. Hope you have a great day, whether it is spent shopping or just relaxing!

10 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

What a great idea to do a Christmas shower for a couple getting married! I'll have to remember that! I remember our first Christmas we had....I did have fun buying and decorating our own place! Such great memories!

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and we wish you a Blessed New Year too!

Tammy

Darlene said...

What fun to host a Christmas shower! We have not gone anywhere today either, just playing the Wii that Santa brought.

Carol said...

What a wonderful idea to have a Christmas shower! Your house is already decorated for the party. Enjoy!
Smiles,
Carol

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Wow, plans for next Christmas already! I love the idea of a Christmas shower. I could have used that 35 plus years ago! You will need to post pics so we can see all the pretty things!

basketsnprims said...

Sue, a Christmas shower is a wonderful idea. So many couples have to go out and buy all the ornaments their 1st Christmas together. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Have fun tomorrow.

Pam

Nana said...

I am so excited I get to see you tomorrow, and all your beautiful decorations in person :)

I know it will be a blast and I look forward to watching K open lots of great Christmas "stuff"!

Cathy said...

Hi Sue...I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! That "shower sounds like a great thing for new couples....I wouldn't mind having one of those for me!

Cathy

Lorrie said...

Enoy your Christmas shower Sue. I know it will be lovely and so much fun!

Sharon said...

What a super idea to have a Christmas shower! Never heard of one but I think it is a great idea. Sounds like you were productive today. I just grunged all day. What a waste of precious time. Have fun tomorrow! Can't wait to see pictures.

YaYa's Funhouse said...

Great idea!! i remember our Christmas tree 30+ years ago...very skimpy!! HA!!