Monday, August 4, 2008

ALL MY GRANDCHILDREN

He is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all we ask or think...... Eph. 3:20
Yes, God does much, much more than we can think or imagine. He surely did when he blessed me with my grandchildren. I know that we all feel that way but God has blessed my husband and me with six grandchildren when it seemed very unlikely at first. Our daughter, Amy had tried for several years to have a baby and had gone through infertility treatments....(no success). After some time, she & her husband decided that they would stop the treatments. Soon afterwards, they met the two most precious little boys (ages 2 & 3) visiting our church one Sunday with their foster parents. Yes, they later were able to adopt these little boys and she also became pregnant....ANOTHER BOY!!! THREE BOYS in about two years.
Our son and his wife live in another state and became foster parents for a beautiful little girl (age 3). After about a year and a half, they realized that she would never be able to return to her biological mother. So........they adopted her and have had two more little girls of their own since then. THREE GIRLS in about three years. None of this was a surprise to God. He knew the plans He had for them before they were formed. I can't tell you the joy these children have brought to us. Is there a difference in the way we feel toward our biological/adoptive grandchildren? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! I thank God for blessing us SIX times!
Please visit my daughter, Amy's new blog. She is a wonderful mother and you will enjoy reading her adventures.

2 comments:

His Doorkeeper said...

Thanks, Sue, for leaving a comment on my "anniversary" post! My hubs and I have been married 37 years!

You are indeed blessed with 6 grandchildren! We are awaiting our "first" (one is in heaven )in January! We can hardly wait!

Thanks for stopping by and blessings to you!

DaNella Auten said...

Good talking to you Sue! We sure do miss all of you guys.

God Bless you!

DaNella