I got my first award today....THE SMILE AWARD.....I am new to blogging and I am so excited that someone chose me. This award is from Cathy at CATNABARN. Once I found her blog, I immediately put it on my favorites. This girl knows how to take something that is going to be thrown away and make something beautiful!
Here are the rules:
1. The recipient must link back to the awards creator.
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must choose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award (see below).
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.
Characteristics for the Smile Award:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude (not necessarily at all times--we are human)
2. Must love one another.
3. Must learn from others.
4. Must be a positive contributor to blog world.
5. Must learn from mistakes.
6. Must love life.
7. Must love kids.
My 5 people I chose are:
1. Joy at http://joysofhome.blogspot.com/
I have gotten so many of my ideas from her. She is so creative. When I see
the things that she has done it amazes how beautiful they turn out.
2. Rhoda at http://southernhospitality-rhoda.blogspot.com/
She was one of the first blogs I visited before I actually started blogging. She is
the one who gave me the initiative to hit the yard sales/thrift stores and look for
3. Kele from http://gilesfamilyof5.blogspot.com/
I found her through my daughter's blog. I love reading about her family and the
love she has for her family. I love seeing what a wonderful mother she is and her
faith in God in the midst of many trials.
4. Linda from http://behindmyreddoor.blogspot.com/
I love looking at all her beautiful primitive decorating. I love her house! I smile
every time I see the pictures.
5. Angie from http://thehappyhomebody.blogspot.com/
I just found this blog but smiled immediately. She knows how to decorate with
anything. She and I like the same things....I can tell already.