Friday, August 29, 2008

ANOTHER WONDERFUL IDEA COPIED

I wish I could tell you that I have done something that is totally my idea.....but I saw this wonderful idea TODAY on Bienvenue. Susie is so creative and makes the cutest tassels but you need to check out her other wonderful ideas. You'll have to make a Spooky Tree like she has made when you see it also. But we're talking about something else right now. COASTERS!!! Everyone needs coasters and these were just about the easiest thing I've ever done. I love roosters so her example was perfect for me. Hobby Lobby has a sale right now on 50% off stamps so the sky is the limit to what you could do. You could have seasonal coasters for practically nothing! Get some slick tile from a Home Depot, Lowe's or wherever they sell tile. These tile pieces were $0.32 each. They had some for $0.13 each but I'm sure you could probably find them for even less if you had time to really look. Make sure your stamping ink is permanent and stamp away! Put some of the little felt circles underneath so your furniture won't get scratched and you are done!!! Can it get any easier???? If you check out Susie's blog you will see how she has tied a pretty ribbon around six tiles for great gifts. I couldn't do this because I didn't want to wait for mine to dry.....had to make a picture to post.
This is the picture of the front of one and the back showing how I stuck the felt pieces to keep the tiles from scratching my furniture.
The finished product...............isn't this pretty? Can't you see pumpkins, Christmas trees, snowflakes, etc......... Thank you, Susie for a wonderful idea.

8 comments:

Tricia said...

Amy bought a bunch of _____ from Ellen today for Christmas. She could have saved a bundle on those teacher gifts with this cute idea. However, I think there might be some free mongraming involved for you!LOL
The brown ink on the tanish tiles is really pretty. Good job.

Anna Marie said...

I know, isn't that just too stinkin' cute! I saw that on there and I immediately thought..."What a great idea for Christmas gifts this year!"

I even want to try my hand at tassels. I dunno about that though. A little tougher than the pretty coasters, huh?

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Sue,

That is THE cutest idea! I'm definitely using that idea for gifts! Thanks so much...now why didn't I think of that? And that's something my 9 year old daughter and I could do together!

Thanks for sharing!
Tammy

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Wonderful idea because it can be adapted to any style or taste!

Marie said...

VERY cute! I love the rooster stamp you used! I saw Susie's blog and immediately saved this idea in my "STEAL" list. :o)

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Very neat idea!

Anonymous said...

Those tiles are adorable and I steal ideas from Susie all the time. I need to try to make some of those too.

Gretchen

also known as shell said...

awesome! I think I'll do it for some teacher appreciation gifts :)